Before the advent of the ministers and the unhcr representatives entourage,which arrived the camp premises at 11:57 am,the group whose asylum claims were not given a proper consideration assembled at the front of the unhcr office for a peaceful manifestation.The rejected with all their banners indicating their complaint and demands match down to front of the military base the proposed and said venue of the meetings.
A closed door meeting was called,with representatives(members)of each of the assembled communities.
The interior minister representative made an introduction & an open remark in which they were here to listen to the complaint of the rejected and the unhcr prospect,upon which they will return to the state for finalization s of their decisions.The audience was given to the rejected cases representatives and among the points of arguments are;
The libyan 2011 crisis which has forcefully ejected us out with the aide and assistance of the international ngos that were behind the evacuation,mindful of the fact that libya then was a home for most of us;
Then the interviews processes which most of us were not pleased neither satisfied with the decisions and we cannot return back to our countries of origin;
The present starvation we are made to face,living in the hand of our responsible(unhcr) that convey us from libya,without listening to the cry and tears of our children,women and vulnerable s among us.Finally leaving us stranded without a solution.
OUR APPEALS AND DEMANDS WERE AS FOLLOW;
1) A re-examination of our individual files.
2) To re-en-state and restore the normal services as it was before now,course we are accessed to nothing in the camp any longer.
3) Revisiting the decisions of the finally rejected cases,because IF we are not under the unhcr mandate,then the tunisian immigration laws.In other words more bitterness to the predicaments we are made to face & we have no where to go.These decisions should be reviewed by the authorities and decision makers.
At this pont we were asked out for 15 minutes.
After their discussions.The unhcr representative who answer to the demands said;
1) The unhcr will not re-examine the files.
2) They will not make any provision for the rejected cases,reason for lack of enough fund from donors.
3) Lastly,that the only assistance is for the rejected to work in collaboration with the iom voluntary repatriation program.
The iom boss who laid more emphasis on their program said,the program is for a limited period of time,therefore urging everyone to register before the closing date for quick facilitation’s.
Closing remark by the minister of interior.
THEN WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THOSE THAT REFUSE TO REGISTER WITH THE IOM?